Mar 25, 2023 | 04:42AM
WARNING: This Fastboot ROM applicable only if this specific circumstances are met; Phone just goes to blank screen with no sign of life in the first inspection. Upon plugging it to computer, it mounts all partitions instead of just one unified partition like MTP mode does, Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 appears in Device Manager and Fastboot mode no longer accessible. Slightly different situation as you currently facing on? Please refer to the following file, it might helps: androidfilehost.com/?fid=4279422670115730601
Cause of problem: Accidental deletion of crucial system partitions in parted that shouldn't be deleted in the first place. FYI: I'd tried to restore all deleted partitions from previously backed up partitions images using dd—Disk Duplicator utility but no avail.
Here are step-by-step guide that you've need to follow to resurrect your phone:
1. Download Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL) standalone executable or you can use one that included in the Qualcomm Product Support Tools (QPST) bundle program which can be found widely through out the internet.
2. Find out your phone's chipset model and look out for 3 variants of emmc_appsboot_8xxx.mbn included in the archive such as: emmc_appsboot_8916.mbn, emmc_appsboot_8929.mbn, and emmc_appsboot_8939.mbn. Rename emmc_appsboot_[YourMatchingChipsetModel].mbn (Mine is emmc_appsboot_8916.mbn) to "emmc_appsboot.mbn" then move it inside \firmware\[YourMatchingChipsetModel]\ folder.
3. Open up the QFIL program and Select Port to the detected one that encountered on your situation (Mine is COM3) if not already chosen automatically. Next choose Build Type to Flat Build, on Programmer Path choose the "emmc_appsboot.mbn" file that you'd renamed and moved earlier.
4. Lastly, on the Select Flat Build section click on Load XML and two Open FIle dialog pop-up will appear sequentially right after the first one have appear. Choose rawprogram0.xml and patch0.xml accordingly.
5. Finally, pull out and put back in your phone's battery. Upon plugging the phone in, hold down the Volume Up button and release it after it appears as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in Device Manager [At this time you must do this quickly. Only 30 seconds of wait time it allows before it supposedly timed out, else you'll need to redo this again]. Now click on Download right below the Load XML button and fingers crossed your phone will have Fastboot mode accessible again.
6. If no error spit out by QFIL program and blue progress bar have fully loaded and completed, now it's time to remove the battery. Upon plugging the phone in, it'll turn on by itself and voila Fastboot mode screen shows up. It's normal though if it prints out some developer information right below it and a rather big ASUS logo. It should looks something similar like this:
7. Some people on the internet says that flashall_AFT.cmd and system partitions images that came with this archive not fixing their phone. In other word, it make the situation slightly worse by making the phone detected as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9006 mode. I highly recommend to use the following Fastboot ROM that I've tested it and works: [firmware27]WW_ZE550KL_21.40.1220.2179-rel-user-20170803162728-secured-release.zip. You can found it on the internet so do your own search by yourself.
8. Decompress the [firmware27]WW_ZE550KL_21.40.1220.2179-rel-user-20170803162728-secured-release file and [If you want to keep the Unlocked Bootloader, remove the 79th line of from flashall_aft.cmd file in text editor then save it] run flashall_AFT.cmd from there. Unplug the phone and pull the battery out if it doesn't reboot automatically. Hopefully your phone now can boot normally to Android.
9. To unlock the bootloader if you forgot to do so earlier, please refer to one of the following useful threads:
a) Doesn't have root access: forum.xda-developers.com/t/zd551kl-ze550kl-ze551kl-ze600kl-ze601kl-official-bootloader-unlock.3273263
b) Does have root access: forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-unofficial-method-unlock-bootloader-without-asus-unlock-app-root.3405850
10. Android upgrade or downgrade via recovery is applicable at this stage: asus.com/mobile/phones/all-series/zenfone-2-laser-ze550kl/helpdesk_bios
Nothing has been added/removed/modified and "-mfb=273 -md=1024m" parameters are used during recompression.
Original uploader's website can be found here: firmware27.com/2018/02/firmware-asus-zenfone-2-laser-ze550kl.html
(a) For additional download mirror purposes only. In the case of original download link or other mirrors no longer accessible.
(b) Not uploaded by the firmware27.com admin so I'm not affiliated with them. I'm not going to argue this my own property.